• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GKs' geography thread OF DOOM

The Goblin King

First Post
Work on the maps continues sporadically. None of them are what I would consider finished. In the interests of transparency I'll upload my newest source files here.

I am also taking requests. I am not happy with the way some of the maps turned out (such as 13). Rather then fiddle with them forever I decided to just upload what I had. I am not married to any of the ideas so I don't mind changing them.

Attachments

• zheen maps 1-9.rar
    2.1 MB · Views: 137
  • zheen maps 10-18.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 125

The Goblin King

First Post
copy/paste of guide from other thread:

I got the idea from Worldbuilding Resources: Hex Map GIMP Brushes » Inkwell Ideas

I am still learning the GIMP so my method may not be the best way to do things.

First, download and install the GIMP. Its a free open source image manipulation program.
GIMP - Windows installers

Next, install the hex brushes. They are in a zip file attached. They should go in
\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\share\gimp\2.0\brushes

Go File -> Open to open up a map. I've included some attached.

One important thing to remember is always be aware of what layer you are working on. Push Ctrl-L to bring up the Layer dialog and click on the Terrain layer if its not already selected.

Now you want to make sure the grid is set. Click Image -> Configure Grid and make sure it is set to Width 34, Height 19. If not click the chain under the boxes and change the settings. Click Okay then click View -> Snap To Grid

click the pencil tool and click the black dot below it to select the brush you want. start painting!

when done go:
File -> Save As
change file extension to .png
select Merge Visible Layers
click Export
click save

Attachments

• brushes.rar
    24.5 KB · Views: 144

Remove ads