• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonlance Dragonlance - Fizban

Lyxen

Great Old One
Hi guys, have you noticed the Dragonlance item in Fizban's ?

What do you think ? Does it match your expectations of what the Dragonlances from the original series did ? They were pretty awesome but really as unbalanced as the breath weapons of the AD&D dragons...

It seems good to me. The reaction part is a little odd at first glance, but it makes sense to have that synergy between dragon and rider. Dragonlances couldn't be too good; they gave them an edge and a fighting chance against the forces of evil rather than just being able to mow the evil dragons and draconians down.

In general, seeing all the references to Dragonlance (the setting) in Fizban's warms my heart. I'm also noticing a couple references to MtG's Tarkir, which I've often suspected of being slated for a 5e setting, and the multiverse (with talk of its creation, and dragons' echoes). Considering the whole "Monsters of the Multiverse" release next year, it seems likely that we'll see an adventure or setting relating to that.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
It seems good to me. The reaction part is a little odd at first glance, but it makes sense to have that synergy between dragon and rider. Dragonlances couldn't be too good; they gave them an edge and a fighting chance against the forces of evil rather than just being able to mow the evil dragons and draconians down.

In general, seeing all the references to Dragonlance (the setting) in Fizban's warms my heart. I'm also noticing a couple references to MtG's Tarkir, which I've often suspected of being slated for a 5e setting, and the multiverse (with talk of its creation, and dragons' echoes). Considering the whole "Monsters of the Multiverse" release next year, it seems likely that we'll see an adventure or setting relating to that.
Eh, maybe? I mean, just because some characters/items/locales are mentioned and even outlined in 5e doesn't mean much of anything. You've had a whole book named after Mordenkainen, Saltmarsh and the whole Temple of Elemental Evil and The Tomb of Annihilation ripped out of Greyhawk, and I very much doubt we'll see a Greyhawk book.

That is the thing, they drop so many references here and there that you can only really point to them in hindsight...

Eh, maybe? I mean, just because some characters/items/locales are mentioned and even outlined in 5e doesn't mean much of anything. You've had a whole book named after Mordenkainen, Saltmarsh and the whole Temple of Elemental Evil and The Tomb of Annihilation ripped out of Greyhawk, and I very much doubt we'll see a Greyhawk book.

Remove ads