• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonbane by Free League

If you're looking for an adventure in the boxed set which is less of a dungeon bash and more centered around building a relationship with a frenemy, I suggest looking at Trollspire (which I wrote). :)

It has turned out to be frequently used when introducing new players to the game, and tries to be something different from the standard dungeon delve while still being exciting.
Awesome! Sounds perfect for introducing my wife and kids to it!

Ringtail

World Traveller (She/Her)
I've been running Dragonbane with the Foundry Module for a weeks now (its excellent btw.)

I really like it. It perfectly scratched the itch of a "Classic" or "OSR-like" fantasy system for me, while avoiding some of the most common pitfalls I have with those games, such as high lethality. Its still pretty dangerous, but a fair shake more forgiving than like.. B/X. Really fun mash-up of BRP and D&D (with some YZE to boot.) My only complaint is I want more of it. The tagline "Mirth & Mayhem" I find exceptionally accurate.

I think the adventures are great. A delightful sandbox in a box. They're all short and scattered around a classic feeling mini-setting and I think there's plenty of rules for negotiation.
For example, the orcs are explicitly opposed to the evil lich and while prejudice keeps them clashing with the human settlers, you can (and are encouraged to) make an alliance with them (which my group has.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads