• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Class spell lists and pact magic are back!

Chaosmancer

Legend
Yes. I understand that assigning arbitrary and incorrect percentages can get you to the numbers you want to achieve. That wasn't what I asked for. I asked you assign the correct numbers and get there. i.e. do the real math.

I did not attempt to get the numbers I wanted to achieve. I used the same process I used in post #734. I then reported the numbers that math gave me, not the numbers I wanted (I think 90% was a bit too high and 60% a bit too low).

But, you think I didn't do real math. Fine. Tell me where the math I did went wrong. I told you I was using weighting, and you are convinced I did it incorrectly, so show me where I did it incorrectly. With specific examples of the numbers and operations at play, not just declaring "you assigned arbitrary numbers" (I didn't) or "your math was wrong" (It wasn't. It may not be the most effective possible process, but I double checked the math with a calculator. The math was correct)

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I did not attempt to get the numbers I wanted to achieve. I used the same process I used in post #734. I then reported the numbers that math gave me, not the numbers I wanted (I think 90% was a bit too high and 60% a bit too low).
Arbitrary is arbitrary. You assigned incorrect numbers and then did some math. That isn't what I asked for.
But, you think I didn't do real math. Fine. Tell me where the math I did went wrong.
It was when you fictionalized the numbers instead of using the real ones.
I told you I was using weighting, and you are convinced I did it incorrectly, so show me where I did it incorrectly.
It's impossible that so many people all voted 100% and nobody voted 700%. It just can't be true. What you did is come up with some random "weighting" that incorrectly assumes what people voted and then do some math.

Chaosmancer

Legend
Arbitrary is arbitrary. You assigned incorrect numbers and then did some math. That isn't what I asked for.

What numbers did I assign? You gave me the numbers, I didn't assign any percentages to those numbers. I just used the data you presented me with.

And what you asked for was for me to either A) Make your numbers match 80% which would be.... assigning arbitrary values to create the numbers you wanted, which is what you are accusing me of doing wrong B) Demonstrate that it is possible to take these numbers and create a percentage. Which I did. And you haven't done anything except make vague, false accusations about my process.

It was when you fictionalized the numbers instead of using the real ones.

I didn't fictionalize any numbers. I used the numbers you gave me, and did math with those numbers. Your accusation is false, and seems to be the only problem you have with what I did. You assume that I had to have assinged some value, because you can't seem to conceive of any other way I could have used math in this situation. You convinced yourself there is only one way, and that way is false and wrong, and so therefor it is impossible. That isn't true.

It's impossible that so many people all voted 100% and nobody voted 700%. It just can't be true. What you did is come up with some random "weighting" that incorrectly assumes what people voted and then do some math.

Okay. What assumption did I make about what people voted? Your accusation makes no sense, because I never assigned percentages to those numbers. You claim someone had to have voted "700%" whatever that means, but that is immaterial to the process I used.

So, critique the process. Stop making vague claims that I assigned arbitrary numbers and randomly determined things. Tell me what I did, and where it was mathematically unsound. Was it step #1? Step #2? Step #3? I've thought of a way to refine that initial process, to make it a better and more accurate process, but I don't even see the point of going through that work until you have demonstrated something actually wrong with the math, instead of you using strawmen and attacking false positions you made up.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads