• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Book of Challenges?

Ruvion

First Post
Originally from Andy Collins
That said, I hardly think we've been skimping on accessories & such. We've published seven standard-length adventures, one super-adventure, Manual of the Planes, and Enemies & Allies (and I'm sure I'm forgetting something else). Even the "class guidebooks" have plenty of campaign material, from organizations to new spells to new magic items to playing tips. Plus, on the near horizon you've got Deities & Demigods, Stronghold Builder's Guidebook, Book of Challenges, and Monster Manual II.

Is this something I missed? :confused: Or is this Monte Cook's secret project? :p

Ruvion

First Post
ECL vs ELC

And regarding Effective Class Level (ECL) changed to Level Adjustment (LA)...I smell a dirty rat: WotC changed the abbreviation (and hence the wording itself) so that it doesn't confuse readers with upcoming book with its ELCs (Epic Level Characters). :D

Though this does simply things a bit (less confusion and a more concise accronym)... :rolleyes:

Glyfair

Explorer
Ruvion said:

Is this something I missed? :confused: Or is this Monte Cook's secret project? :p

Can't be Monte's project, it's not one of the magic items from the DMG (although I could see a magical tome "The Book of Challenges").

Glyfair of Glamis

Ialdabode

First Post
IRC, I believe the Book of Challenges is going to be akin to a Wotc version of FFG's Traps and Trechery.

To quote Wotc:

A comprehensive source of encounters to challenge characters in any campaign.

Book of Challenges is a compendium of traps, encounters, and minidungeons that Dungeon Masters can easily insert into any campaign of any level. It offers all-new material that will show DMs how to add excitement to their adventures.

Remove ads