• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotBS Best "Large" Creature Tokens?

emeraldbeacon

Adventurer
I got a set of 2" wooden rounds, that I intend to print-and-glue creatures to as a sort of simple stand-in for miniatures. I'm trying to decide now, what would be the best things to put on the various sides? A collection of horses are always useful, of course. Considering the adventure path I'm on (War of the Burning Sky), Wyverns appear more commonly than you'd expect, and there's a notable Celestial Giant Eagle that could become a party aide. Throw in some common wild shapes (Bear, Giant Spider, Dire Wolf, Crocodile, etc) for the party's Druid, and that's a solid start.

But what else would be appropriate? Perhaps a few Elementals, since they're always useful to have around? What other tokens are worth the time to create individually, rather than just use a disc and call it a placeholder?

Bill T.

Explorer
Dassen's crazy for sphinxes, so it might be worth putting together a few of those. Otherwise, I'm not coming up with a lot. Oh, oh, and you want catapults for when the heroes go to kill those for Duke Gallo. I did that, only without the wooden disks.

Do any of your players use enlarge person, or is that more a D&D 3 thing? A generic giant/oversized person seems like it would be useful.

emeraldbeacon

Adventurer
I think if anyone uses Enlarge, I'll just put a blank 2" token out, then put their piece on top.

Various siege weapons make sense, though, since they come up in the battle of Gallo's Fend, and could reasonably play a role in the liberation of Gate Pass, or the assault on the Tempest.

Remove ads