• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Anyone have 3e stats for the drow cleric snake whips?

Xarlen

First Post
I would note that the magic likely slows or does SOMETHING to the target, because in the books it would always cause paralysis or something along those lines.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Dragongirl, there are 3E versions of the snake-whips that drow clerics use. They can be found on page 5 of the web enhancement for City of the Spider Queen which can be downloaded from here: http://wizards.com/dnd/files/Spider_Queen_enhance.zip

Note that there is an error in the statistics for the viper heads. They are listed as causing 1d2-2 points of damage. That would be true if their Str score was used to determine additional damage. However, the heads have the Weapon Finesse feat, and so should add their Dex bonus. The correct damage listing is 1d2+3.

For the record, the Tentacle Rods and the Scourge of Fangs (snake-head whips) are totally separate items that drow clerics use.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

ruleslawyer

D'oh! And I own CotSQ and have the enhancement on my hard drive...

BTW, the viper heads do inflict only 1d2-2 damage. Weapon Finesse affects attack rolls only, not damage.

Remove ads