• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 1E Anybody remember this guy from the 1e FF?

Grazzt

Demon Lord
OGRE’MOCH (Prince of Evil Earth Creatures)
Gargantuan Elemental (Earth)
Hit Dice: 38d8+228 (399 hp)
Initiative: +4 (Improved Initiative)
Speed: 20 ft
AC: 31 (-4 size, +25 natural)
Attacks: Slam +38/+33/+28/+23 melee
Damage: Slam 2d12+19
Face/Reach: 20 ft by 20 ft/20 ft
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities, earth mastery, push, summon earth creatures
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 15/+3, SR 20, elemental, resistances
Saves: Fort +27, Ref +12, Will +16
Abilities: Str 37, Dex 10, Con 23, Int 20, Wis 18, Cha 18
Skills: Concentration +18, Intimidate +19, Knowledge (the planes) +12, Listen +29, Spot +29
Feats: Blind-Fight, Cleave, Combat Casting, Empower Spell, Expertise, Great Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Critical (slam), Improved Initiative, Maximize Spell, Power Attack, Sunder, Weapon Focus (slam)

Climate/Terrain: Any land and underground
Organization: Solitary or troupe (Ogrèmoch plus 1d4 Huge earth elementals, 1d4 evil elder xorn, or 1d4 umber hulks)
Challenge Rating: 17
Treasure: Double standard
Alignment: Always neutral evil
Advancement:

Ogrèmoch looks like an unfinished bipedal humanoid standing about 32 feet tall. His eyes are deep, inset, and dark and his mouth is the same. He has no apparent nose or ears. Ogrèmoch’s arms end in unfinished hands and his legs end in unfinished feet. He makes his lair in a great flat-topped mountain on the Plane of Earth.

COMBAT
Ogrèmoch attacks with his slam and spell-like abilities. If he becomes bored with combat or combat goes against him, he uses his summoning ability to call earth creatures to his aid.
Spell-Like Abilities: 3/day—flesh to stone, move earth, and wall of stone (20 hp per inch of thickness); 1/day—earthquake. These abilities are as the spells cast by a 20th-level sorcerer (save DC 14 + spell level).
Earth Mastery (Ex): Ogrèmoch gains a +1 attack and damage bonus if both he and his foe touch the ground. If an opponent is airborne or waterborne, he suffers a –4 penalty to attack and damage. (These modifiers are not included in the stat block.)
Push (Ex): Ogrèmoch can start a bull rush maneuver without provoking an attack of opportunity. The combat modifiers given in Earth Mastery, above, also apply to his opposed Strength checks.
Summon Earth Creatures (Sp): Once per day, Ogrèmoch can automatically summon 2d4 Medium-size or smaller earth elementals, 1d3 Large or Huge earth elementals, or 1d4 average or elder xorn (of evil alignment).
Elemental: Immune to poison, sleep, paralysis, and stunning. Not subject to critical hits.
Resistances (Ex): Ogrèmoch has fire resistance 20 and acid, cold, and electricity resistance 5.

Last edited:

Grazzt

Demon Lord
I havent seen your version Gish. I'd be interested in seeing it.

I just finished Olhydra and will knock off Yan-C-Bin tomorrow. HAve you done those guys as well?

I based Ogremoch (as well as the others) off of Imix as presented in RttToEE. Though the one thing I noticed that Monte omitted/left out was Imix's ability to summon fire creatures. So- I'm thinking of reworking the others so they lose that ability as well. Thoughts?

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Grazzt said:
I based Ogremoch (as well as the others) off of Imix as presented in RttToEE. Though the one thing I noticed that Monte omitted/left out was Imix's ability to summon fire creatures. So- I'm thinking of reworking the others so they lose that ability as well. Thoughts?

naaahhh....

:)

Gish Makai

First Post
Well Grazzt.....I have actually converted all those guys over. They are early drafts but I can find them and post them if you would like.

They are for the upcoming project that I am working on for PS as you may remember :rolleyes:

And if yours are better............:D

Last edited:

Sojourn

First Post
(Spoiler Alert) I ran Egg of the Phoenix, in which the big climactic battle features the Princes of Elemental Evil (and as a critic of the FF said in a Dragon Magazine Review- where are the Princes of Elemental Good? There must be some, or they would simply be called the Elemental Princes.) And unfortunately they were kind of pushovers by the time the party got to them. They got creamed. SO! The elemental plane of earth is now the home turf of Crystalle, a dude who appeared in a Dragon Magazine article on Ioun Stones. He stands in the heart of a swarm of Ioun stones, many of which are unique. I've been itching to unleash this guy on the party, but the campaign did not take that turn, so he is one of dozens of supervillains waiting his turn to be this season's big bad. sigh.

Cleon

Legend
(Spoiler Alert) I ran Egg of the Phoenix, in which the big climactic battle features the Princes of Elemental Evil (and as a critic of the FF said in a Dragon Magazine Review- where are the Princes of Elemental Good? There must be some, or they would simply be called the Elemental Princes.) And unfortunately they were kind of pushovers by the time the party got to them. They got creamed. SO! The elemental plane of earth is now the home turf of Crystalle, a dude who appeared in a Dragon Magazine article on Ioun Stones. He stands in the heart of a swarm of Ioun stones, many of which are unique. I've been itching to unleash this guy on the party, but the campaign did not take that turn, so he is one of dozens of supervillains waiting his turn to be this season's big bad. sigh.

Why are you replying to threads that are over eleven years old? There's little chance the original posters will reply to you.

As for the Princes of Elemental Good, their AD&D 2E originals are in the Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix III (1998) as "Archomental (Good)" and their 3.5 incarnations are in Dragon Magazine #353 (2007).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads